Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Last of the Eggplant


Yesterday the weather forecast was for this:



Today's gloomy skies making flirtatious half promises of rain.


In anticipation of real rain I picked most of the tomatoes with any bit of color, the last of the Calliope eggplant, and the last of the Doux d'Espagne peppers. There are still a few Andine Cornue tomatoes left and one Grappoli d'Inverno plant full of tomatoes that I've not yet uprooted as part of my winter tomato experiment. I had purchased some mild green chiles from the farmer's market with the eggplant in mind so I could make one of my favorite vegetable stews. The eggplants set weeks ago and grew to a certain size and then they just stopped growing. They remained shiny and beautiful, but they were not getting larger. So today I will be making Eggplant and Lentil Stew With Pomegranate Molasses. Click on the link to go to the recipe if you like, I highly recommend it.



Yesterday's Harvest


There has been a little bit of rain so far today, but not nearly enough to satisfy our thirsty landscape.


Eggplant & Lentil Stew Ready to Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I value your insights and feedback.