Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wow, An Even Prettier Rainbow!


I have been trying to take a photograph of the snow on the peaks in the Santa Lucia mountains to the south of me. No luck yet. When I checked the scene this morning I was rewarded with a beautiful sunrise which I've really not just justice to with the collage above. I was keeping tabs on the sky outside, waiting for it to perhaps clear enough to get my snow scene, and it seemed to be lightening up a bit so I went out again and noticed a rainbow forming.



A lot like the rainbow Sunday morning, but perhaps a bit brighter.
A second rainbow started to form....

And then the double rainbow started to arch across the valley....

And it kept going further....

And getting brighter...

And getting even larger....

Until I couldn't photograph the whole thing...




And the whole time it was cold.....


And it was raining, of course. And I'm out there in my sweats and slippers. It was sooo worth standing in the cold rain to behold!

10 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is amazing! Thanks for getting cold and wet so that we could see it. Is there a special atmospheric reason why you get rainbows like that? Maybe because the sun was low at sunrise. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right about the sun being low, just shining straight into the oncoming rain. But this was really unusual. So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness those are just the most gorgeous shots of rainbows I have ever seen! I am so glad you braved the cold to capture them, thanks!!! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so amazing. Just lovely pictures of the rainbow and it was so brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! what an amazing pictures of rainbow - I feel I could really slide it - like in the fairytales!
    Thanks for comming and commenting!
    Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you all could have been here to see it! Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some beautiful rainbow shots. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Scrolling down the page and the pics just got better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome...is all I can say! Amazing that you saw it...even more amazing that you were able to get photos, and such good ones at that!! Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I value your insights and feedback.