Monday, December 6, 2010

Harvest Monday - December 6, 2010

I'm glad I weighed and photographed the kale that I picked last week, otherwise I would have nothing to report for Harvest Monday!



That's it for the week - 10.25 ounces of Portuguese Dairyman's Kale. I used it in soup made with turkey broth, leftover turkey, Petaluma Gold Rush beans, half ripe Christmas Bell peppers, tomato puree from the freezer and other aromatics. It was delicious and warming.

That brings the total for the year up to 686 lb., 1 oz.

Check out more Harvest Monday posts at Daphne's Dandelions.

Gotta go now, the sun is out and I've got lots of catching up to do in the garden.

13 comments:

  1. That's 10.25 ounces more then I harvested this past week! Every harvest is worth counting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got nothing this week, so 10.25 oz looks pretty good in my book! Everything you do yourself is something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soup sounds delicious. I really miss having kale this year. I hadn't even grown it until last year, but I found out how much I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soup sounds good and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,

    Finally we has a harvest when you didn't! Picked a bowl full of kale, mustard greens and rape last night for my asian greens recipe. It is col here now not supposed to get above 40 for the next week. Anybody for ice skating on our pond?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soup sounds good! We still need to do that bean trade. Anything else you are looking for? I have entirely to many seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I have a bowl of soup please.
    I don't have kale this year, but I bought some to make salad and chips over the weekend, they were good, I'll have to find some space to grow it coming spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soup sounds heavenly! I have the turkey carcass from Thanksgiving in the freezer. I was going to wait a week or so until we were no longer sick of the thought of turkey and plan to pull it out to use it as the base for a similar soup. Mmmmm... Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is sure pretty kale. I can't believe I went as far in my life as I did without discovering it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of this kale variety. I will have to write it down and try growing it soon. It looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of that kale. It looks like a very tender variety.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kale looks beautiful! I can't wait to start growing some - hint hint. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I value your insights and feedback.